Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, February 8

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag 2

 
It was our first ever blogpost: the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. Now, one and a half years of blogging later, it seemed like a fun idea to do this one again, since I have read so many more books since I last did this tag!



1. A popular book or series you do not like
Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth. I know there is a lot of controversy going on around this book with people saying it's racist and all (and I can see why you may think that), but that isn't even why I didn't like this book. It was so boring. I was going to write a review, but I can't even do that because I remember 50 of the 468 pages at the most.


2. A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate that you love
I'm gonna go back a really long time for this one and say Twilight. Everyone is always joking about this book and yes, the movies are not that great, but I did actually enjoy the book when I read it.


3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with or an OTP that you hate.
<SPOILERS FOR THE GRISHA TRILOGY>
I absolutely HATE that Alina and Mal ended up with each other. I would've liked Alina with the Darkling, I would have loved Alina with Nikolai, but no, none of that. I don't even wanna talk about this too much, because I'm still pissed.



 4. A book genre you hardly reach for
It's funny, because the first time I did this tag I answered contemporary, while lately I've actually been reading a lot of contemporary novels. This time I'm gonna go for horror. I highly dislike horror movies and I hate being scared. When I read or watch something creepy, I can't sleep for like a month after wards and it just fucks with my head, so I stay as far away from it as I can.


5. A popular or beloved character you do not like
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I highly, highly dislike Chaol Westfall from the Throne Of Glass series. Did that happen because of his ''character change'' in book 4? Absolutely not. I've hated Chaol from the beginning of book 1. I think he's a major asshole and honestly, to me, the best thing about Empire Of Storms was that he wasn't in it.




6. A popular author you can't seem to get in to
I'm gonna say something very funny, since I read all of her books, but I'm gonna go with Veronica Roth. I really liked Divergent, but Insurgent was meh and Allegiant was soooo bad (in my opinion at least). I gave her ''another chance'' with Carve The Mark, but that was even worse than the Divergent books. I don't think I'll ever read another Veronica Roth book again.



7. A popular book trope you are tired of seeing
I am going to say something very controversial, but I am actually going to write a blogpost about this to further explain myself. I'm so sick of books with gay characters where the entire book and their entire character is all about being gay. It's so unrealistic to me. Like when you are gay in real life, it's not your entire being either right? Not your entire live evolves around you being gay. In books that often is the case and people even reach for those books just because it has a gay character. It's stupid.




8. A popular book or series you have no interest in reading
Anything written my John Green. Everybody is obsessed with this guy, I read the Fault In Our Stars, was not impressed, didn't think the writing style was anything special and therefor am not interested in any of his other books.



9. The saying goes ''the book is always better than the movie'', but which movie did you enjoy more than the book
I'm gonna choose Me Before You by Jojo Moyes for this one. I liked the book a lot and thought it was really cute, but I didn't quite feel it the way that I felt the movie. Just seeing this story on the big screen instead of in my head made it so much more sad. The Ed Sheeran music at the saddest part didn't make it better, my friends and I were ugly sobbing the last like 20 minutes of the movie.

~ Amber






No comments:

Post a Comment