Follow Us @soratemplates

Wednesday, February 1

Montly Reading Recap | January

This month I'm finally back with another reading recap! I know that I don't do them every month, the main reason of that is that I just didn't read that many books in that month. But enough about that, let's just jump right into the post!

 

My reading goal for 2017 is 35 books, which is my highest goal yet. I don't actually know why I set such a high goal for myself, because I'm trying to get into the University of Arts and have like no time to read, but okay...This month I managed to read 3 books...or well 2 and a half haha.

First I read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I also published a review for this book. If you already read that one, you know that I didn't really enjoy this book. I expected it to be freaking amazing, because I had only heard great things about it, but the story felt so average to me...
3.5 Stars

Then I read Ash by Malinda Lo. I really enjoyed this book and also wrote a review for that one. Ash is a fairy tale retelling, but such a refreshing and unique one. This was such a good book and I highly recommend it!
4 Stars

Right now I'm reading Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. I was really excited for this book, mostly because I loved Divergent (well at least the first book) and I was expecting something really great. I have to say that I'm disappointed. The book is sooooo slow. I'm 240 pages in and I can't really think of anything exciting that has happened so far except for a few really small events...


 


Usually I'm very bad at deciding what to read next, but I have a pretty good idea this time. First I want to read Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones. I was lucky enough that Waterstones had this book on their shelf a week before it released, because this is one of my most anticipated books of the year and I must read it as soon as I can.

The next book I am definitely going to read next month will be One by Sarah Crossan. We translated this book into Dutch at the publisher where I have my internship and it sounds so interesting, so I got the English version on Bookdepository. It's about conjoined twins and is written completely in verse, do I need to say more?

Lastly I want to read The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness. Even though I didn't really like A Monster Calls, I still want to give Patrick a chance. Also the concept of this sounds really good and funny, it's very original.



I got 6 books this month. I wasn't really planning on buying them but you know how it goes, you're just browsing on Goodreads and see some really cheap paperbacks and just have to buy them. Or some hardcovers that are on sale from €18 for €13, how can I not buy that? On Bookdepository I got 4 books this month. If you are ordering on Bookdepository you can use the code 'thenamelessbooks' or click this link and you'll get a 5% discount!

First up I got One by Sarah Crossan, the book I already discussed the book earlier in this blogpost, so I won't go into further detail about this.

Next I got It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover. My friend Michelle and I went to the bookstore in December and she got this book, saying that she read it on her E-Reader and that it was really good. That meant that I had to buy it too.

Another book I ordered off Bookdepository is More Than This by Patrick Ness. My friend from college recommended this to me like one and a half years ago, but at that point I didn't really read stand alone novels yet, so I never picked it up. This month I saw it on sale and it immediately caught my interest and now it's mine to read and love.

The last book from Bookdepository that I got is Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. This one I got because I heard a lot of really good things about it on Booktube, but every time I saw it at Waterstones it was so expensive for such a small book. Now I got it for only €6! Isn't that amazing?

I just happened to arrive at the station early a while back and went into the bookstore they have there. I wanted in and the first thing I saw in front of me was the beautiful hardcover of Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth. It was expensive but I had to buy it.

Yesterday I had a little trip into Amsterdam and went to the bookstores. I love going to the bookstore alone and just browsing the shelves as long as I want. I think I ended up spending like half an hour at Waterstones and half an hour at the American Book Center, while usually the people I'm with would be bored after like 10 minutes.

At Waterstones I found two books that I had to buy. The first one being Wintersong, which I spoke about in my Febuary TBR part. They had it on their shelf a week early and I had to buy it (also major cover love).

The second book I got there was The Ashes Of London by Andrew Taylor. I had never seen this book before and it was in a section at Waterstones I usually don't go to, but I am so glad that I found this. It's a historical fiction and mystery novel that takes place during the Great Fire of London in 1666. I love history and don't know much about this yet, so I can't wait to read the book and learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment