Follow Us @soratemplates

Tuesday, May 24

The ''I Messed Up'' Book Tag

 
I saw thegirlwhoreadtoomuch (definitely check out her blog!) do this tag and it was so much fun to read, so today I'm going to do it as well. Let's just jump right into it!





1. Character appearance you misread or imagined differently
For me this was Rhysand from A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas. The entire first book I imagined him with really long dark hair, I don't know why because like right in the first sentence it is explained that he has short hair hahaha. I saw some fanart going around and I was like 'wait he has short hair???'


2. A character name you've been pronouncing wrong
Let's stay with Sarah J Maas for a while longer. From the Throne Of Glass series I always pronounced Chaol as you could say the word 'coal'...I also pronounced Feyre from ACOTAR as 'Fairy'.....


3. An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure
The whole mate/destined lovers thing. I just think it's so beautiful and I can read thousands of books about people finding their mate. It makes me cry every time.


4. A cliché character type that you like better on screen than to read about
Basically Clary from TMI. The whole 'I just found out about all of this but look how great I am I make such great decisions in life' while actually their decisions are fucking stupid and they are a danger to everybody around them.


5. A word/phase you learned because it's use in a book
The word 'fortnight'. I had no idea what this was and it is used in fantasy novels pretty often. I now use it for my own writing as well.


6. Have you ever not read or completed a required book for school?
I have a book that I didn't finish. I had to read this Dutch book 'Oeroeg' for school about a boy from Indonesia during the time Indonesia was part of the Netherlands and it was sooooooo boring. My soul died in like the first 30 pages of the book.


7. Have you ever (or wanted to) skipped a chapter from the point of view of a character you weren't interested in.
Yes, quite some times actually. Most of all Bran from the Song Of Ice And Fire series by George R R Martin. His point of view is so boring to me and every time I flip the page and see ''Bran'' as the chapter title I just groan because I know it'll be boring.


8. Have you ever cancelled social plans to read?
Even worse: I have skipped school because I wanted to read. With Queen of Shadows last year and A Court Of Mist And Fury a few weeks ago. These books were both so fantastic, even after I read them a few times. I just needed to read, so I skipped my last few hours of class to read my book #noregrets. 

~ Amber

1 comment:

  1. Oh oh I pronounced Choal as "chay-all" XD And found out it's supposed to be "Kale"??!? LIKE WUT. NO. I've been betrayed. haha. ;D I only got Feyre right because I saw a name pronunciation guide before reading the book. Phewf.
    This is such a cool tag though!! I learn words from books ALL THE TIME and it's so awesome!!
    I also didn't finish a ton of school books. XD Robinson Crusoe was a big one for me. I got halfway through and I was just HOWLING because it was so bad. I homeschooled so my mum eventually let me stop just to shut me up. ahha. ;D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete