Follow Us @soratemplates

Sunday, May 22

Books That I Judged By Their Cover

I can't believe I can actually write an entire blog post about books that I judged by their covers. I know it's bad, but I judge books by their covers ALL the time. If a book has a horrific cover but an amazing summary, the chance is about 80% I won't buy it.
As some of you might know: I take a lot of pictures for my book Tumblr b00kishfantasy and I want to have pretty books in my pictures.

Question Of The Day:
Have you ever judged a book by it's cover? If so, which one?





Passenger - Alexandra Bracken
I definitely got this book because of it's incredible cover and I cannot stop taking pictures of it. I didn't know much about this book, only that it had time travel and some kind of treasure hunt, which was good enough for me. I have to be honest: I did not like this book AT ALL. I know I'll get the second book in the duology anyway because the cover is also stunning and I have problems.



Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
This was a cover buy that actually turned out very well for me. I got this book because I thought the cover was stunning, I mean look at it, I've taken like 100 pictures of these books. I knew the story was about a girl who could kill people by touching them, but that was literally it. I ended up LOVING this trilogy and they are such fast reads too.


The Kiss Of Deception - Mary E Pearson
I haven't actually read this book yet but I got the paperback on sale a while back. I don't know why I haven't read this yet. I think I'm going to wait for the final book to come out, which I believe is later this year. I am actually considering selling my paperback and getting the hardcover, because the wait for these books to come out in paperback is forever.



Soundless - Richelle Mead
Another cover buy I haven't actually read. I love this cover so much, I think it's beautiful. The concept of being set in some fantasy-ish China sounded great to me, but when I started reading it the first 30 pages were so boring to me that I didn't feel like continuing, also because I was in a reading slump from The Mortal Instruments series and this wasn't the right book to read at that point. Now I'm not even sure I'll ever pick it up again.



Cinder + Scarlet - Marissa Meyer
This is probably one of the worst cases of cover buys, because I already own the first two books in the series and may buy all the other ones soon too. I haven't even read the first book yet. Do you see my problem? I do think I will really like this series, because all the reviewers I trust a lot loved this.


 ~ Amber

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, although people claim not to, EVERYBODY judges books by the cover. It cannot be helped. It's just the way things are! Our little eyes cannot resist the urge to make that pretty book their own and ignore all the rest. *sigh* Btw, all the covers you talked about ARE definitely gorgeous!! I mean, you don't have a problem, your bookshelf is thanking you for dressing it up :)

    Rekha @ Million Book Mill

    ReplyDelete